Additionally, the sandbox technique is implemented in information security to evaluate suspicious software or files containing malicious code. Typically, the source code of sandboxed software is not tested prior to isolation, which reduces unexpected behavior.
Cloud Sandbox as a Service
Cloud Sandboxing are self-contained infrastructure environments that can be
configured to look exactly like the final target deployment environment but can be created and run anywhere. For example, developers can create a sandbox that looks like the production environment - from network and hardware to OS versions and software to cloud APIs. They do their development in that sandbox for a short period of time and when they are done they tear down the sandbox.
Benefits of Cloud Sandbox as a Service
- Enable frequent and comprehensive testing - Whether you’re developing modern applications involving multiple layers of interdependent components or practicing test driven development, you need to test earlier and more comprehensively.
- Accelerate delivery - You’re building mobile apps, and they’re connected to enterprise backend services. During development most teams need to build new backend services, connect to existing services, or create ‘front-end facades’ for existing services. However, it might not be possible to access those services, or they may not even be complete.
- Continuous everything - A critical component of continuous delivery and continuous integration is fully automated testing. You must be able to continually and automatically run test suites when your application changes in order to realize continuous delivery. If your app depends on other services those services must be available and setup with the correct test data each run to ensure the test suite runs the same way every time.
- Streamline test environment provisioning - Development, Test, QA and Performance Test teams all need full environments to complete their tasks. Ideally, they should be able to work in parallel however this requires an environment per team. Some systems in your environment might not be yours or even be associated with a cost per transaction to use. This can be very painful during testing and especially during performance and load testing.
- Reduce risk and cost - Eliminate much of the concurrent demand for development and test environments and pay-per-use service charges from third parties by using virtual services to create simulated environments.
Approyo Cloud Ignite: SAP HANA Sandbox-as-a-Service
Ignite delivers your team the solution you need and the services to enable continuous and effective use of SAP HANA to meet strategic and daily needs of business operations. The cloud solution provides the services and tools that enable you to minimize the cost and risk associated with having the SAP HANA systems up and running.
Developing a project? Our Cloud Ignite sandbox-as-a-service provides a hosted SAP HANA sandbox, for as long as your team needs it, for a fixed monthly fee.
Download the Whitepaper today...